Sunday, March 30, 2008

Good Humanity Sunday 3/30/08


OMG you guys, I love basketball so much. So our proof of good humanity this week is a shoutout to the little guys, the rags to riches scrappers who defy expectations and much higher seeded teams.

This year, Davidson College, led by the monstrous Stephen Curry has danced through the field of 65 all the way to the Elite 8. And by monstrous, I mean in terms of talent instead of looks, because he is just so adorable. Just look at him! I wonder if he even shaves yet.

Cinderella stories (or if you prefer, Davidson vs. Goliath) like this are one of the big reasons that I love March. The NCAA tournament thrusts these kids into such a bright national spotlight and I'm just so freakin impressed that they don't wilt on the spot from all the pressure. I don't even think I could make a layup if I knew millions of people were watching.

The 10th seed Wildcats face Kansas today at 4:30 EST on CBS. I'm so excited, I don't even care that they busted my bracket.

Send me your proofs of good humanity! If you've found some on the interwebs, or would like me to post your good humanity story (maybe like my Subway Hero!) drop me an email at beagoodhuman11 at gmail dot com. I love to read them!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: